Garam Masala Deviled Eggs (For Jenna!)
I want to start by telling you that this post is created especially for my blogger friend, Jenna, at Jenna’s Everything Blog. You see, Jenna is going to be bringing her first baby (Alice) into the world very soon, and this post is for her virtual baby shower. Since this is my first virtual shower, I fretted for quite awhile about what I should post about. I wanted it to be meaningful, but not over the top. I really don’t have motherly advice, since I’m not a mother yet, and besides, Jenna is going to be a great mom. Girl don’t need no advice! From what I can tell, she’s got a kind heart, she’s faithful, gentle and has a great hubby–all of which will make her a fantastic mother.
So…I made eggs! I happen to know that Jenna, much like myself, LOVES eggs. I think she also enjoys spicy, ethnic food. These non-traditional deviled eggs are tasty, with a little crunch, a hint of spice, a bit of sweet, and plenty of creaminess. What more could one want in a finger-food?
Jenna darling, I hope you love this recipe as much as I do. Enjoy your new adventures in motherhood!
Recipe for Garam Masala Deviled Eggs:
(recipe via epicurious)
6 eggs, hardboiled and shelled
4 tablespoons mayonnaise
3 tablespoons minced scallions
1 tablespoon minced jalapeno
1 1/5 teaspoon mango chutney
1/2 teaspoon garam masala
salt and pepper to taste
finely chopped radishes
Mash egg yolks and then add all ingredients, except for radishes, and mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste. Fill eggs with mixture, top with radishes and be generous, the crunchiness is nice!
PS: Here are all of the other baby shower participants’ links. Be sure to check them out!
- 4 Little Fergusons (Midwest USA): 11 Lessons To Determine If You Are Ready For Parenthood
- A Little Lunch (Eufaula, OK): Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice Scones
- City Songbird (Greensboro, NC): Merry Christmas, Alice!
- Eats Well With Others (New York, NY): Peanut Butter and Honey Ice Cream
- Pinking Shears & Broccoli Spears (Newark, DE): Making Food Good For Your Baby
- Sydney Shares (Eugene, OR): Baby BLTs
- That’s Some Good Cookin’ (Salt Lake City, UT): Cheesecake Cookie Bars
- The Pajama Chef (Bloomington, IN): Iced Tea with Ginger-Mint Simple Syrup
- Two Dogs In The Kitchen (Sterling, MI): Spicy Asian Meatballs
- Veronica’s Cornucopia (Wichita, KS): Raspberry Almond Fudge Cookies
- Very Culinary (Sacramento, CA): Toasted Orzo and Chickpea Salad
- Words on Wendhurst: A Gift For Jenna and Alice